Effective: January 23, 2018. 00:00 UTC.
- We do not share your information with third-parties unless it is necessary to provide our services or there is a legal basis to do so.
- We document all personal information collected/stored while using our services within this policy.
- We document all third-party services and the specific data shared with them within this policy.
- You have control over your personal information.
- You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some or all of the Service.
What information we collect about you
We may collect and receive information about users of our Services ("users," "you," or "your") from various sources, including:
- Information you provide through your user account on the Services (your "Account") if you register for the Service
- Your use of the Service
- From third-party websites, services, and partners.
Information provided by you
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email Address
Information collected automatically
While using our Service, we may automatically collect data containing personally identifiable information including:
- User-agent (Browser/OS version)
- Referer (Which link sent you to the Service)
- Accepted Languages (What languages your browser indicates you accept)
- IP Address
- Country (Derived from IP Address)
- SESSION - To allow us to know who you are as you use the service (e.g. to know who you are on subsequent requests).
Information provided by Third Parties
As part of our email verification process, some potentially personally identifiable information may be returned by the Third Party verification service. This includes:
- First Name
- Last Name
We immediately discard this information. It is never used, processed or stored.
How we use the information we collect
- To provide you with the Service.
- To maintain the Service.
- To notify you about changes to our Service.
- To monitor overall Service usage to prevent, detect and address technical issues.
- When requested, to provide you with news, offers, status and other general information about the Service.
- We may create anonymous data records created from Personal Data to use for internal planning, design and operational reasons.
- We may create anonymous statistical data from Personal Data to use for internal planning, design, operational and marketing reasons.
- We may publish anonymous aggregated statistical data to Third-Parties at our discretion.
How we share information we collect
Employees and Contractors
Employees and Contractors may be required to access some information about you in order to provide our Service. As an example, if you need assistance or if there is an investigation required to resolve an issue with the Service or your Account.
We may share information if there is a legal requirement to do so, such as:
- To comply with a legal obligation (if required to do so by law or in response to a valid request by public authorities).
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Ministry of Apps Pty. Ltd.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
As a result of a business transaction or transfer such as a sale of company assets, acquisition, merger, bankruptcy or shut down. In these events, data held by Unipod including Personal Data would be transferred to or acquired by a third party and this policy would continue to apply with the party receiving your information continuing to process and store data within the bounds of this policy.
If you provide consent we may share and disclose Personal and other Account data at your direction.
We may share or publish anonymous aggregated statistical data to third parties at our discretion.
Third Parties required by the Service
Third Party Vendors may gain access to some information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to you. These vendors and the data shared to them is listed below:
- SendGrid - https://sendgrid.com/policies/privacy/
We use SendGrid to provide email services. Your email address and the content of any email sent is routed through SendGrid's service.
- ZeroBounce - https://www.zerobounce.net/privacy-policy.html
We use ZeroBounce to validate email address. Your email address is sent to ZeroBounce to perform this validation.
- Datadog - https://www.datadoghq.com/legal/privacy/
As part of normal operations we send application and system logs to Datadog. While we have technical limits in place to prevent logging any Personal Data there is always a possibility that some Personal Data may be written to log files due to human error or system failure.
- Aiven - https://aiven.io/privacy
We use Aiven to store data relating to the Service. As part of our operational policy, Personal Data is encrypted prior to sending to Aiven hosted services (specific exclusions are noted in "Information storage and security").
- Infrastructure Providers
We use several infrastructure providers to process and store information for the Service. These include:
- DigitalOcean - https://www.digitalocean.com/legal/privacy-policy/
- Amazon Web Services - https://aws.amazon.com/privacy/
- Google Cloud - https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Vultr - https://www.vultr.com/legal/privacy/
How we store and secure information we collect
Information storage and security
Beyond any infrastructure provided encryption-at-rest, Unipod has a policy of separately encrypting all Personal Data. The following exclusions apply:
- Email Address associated with an Account or a mailing list is stored in plaintext.
The follow Usage Data is captured and not separately encrypted. It is however not linked to any Account or other Personal Data and is only used for tracking aggregate Service use or for providing security features.
- URI (excluding query parameters)
- Referer (excluding query parameters)
- Accepted Languages
We process and store information in various locations depending on operational requirements. Excluding third-party providers we may directly process and/or store collected data on infrastructure provided by Third Parties or other company-owned infrastructure located in the United States of America and Australia.
How long we keep information
As a general policy we strive to retain Usage Data for as short a period as possible, except when this data is used for securing the Service or otherwise improving it.
How to access and control your information
Prior to the public beta you may contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org to access or control any information we may have collected including to request the deletion of your Personal Data.
- Informing you via email where possible.
- Placing a notice on our Service.